While that is highly debateable, the other day, I took a personality quiz that told me what has been a resounding theme: I am an ENFJ. This means I'm more extroverted than introverted, I think things through and make a lot of lists, am hyper-organized, and have to know HOW and WHY stuff works. I took the quiz hoping it would give me some new ideas about what I should be when I grow up since I've been stuck on that question since about this time last year.
When I was 12, I could have told you. 18, same story. 22, no changes. So what happens to change a person's whole concept of what her life's work should entail? I'm still working on answering that question. As an ENFJ, it drives me nuts that I haven't analyzed it enough yet, and I have a natural inclination to think that somewhere, somehow, I did something WRONG to make the dream I had disappear.
The quiz result that most stuck with me was when it said ENFJs feel very distraught when things don't go the way they planned. I am certainly no exception to this plan. For example, I love surprises...but ONLY if they exceed my expectations. Otherwise, please, please, PLEASE just let me plan it myself! With that being said, the hardest thing about figuring out this whole career thing is letting go of the plans I had, realizing that being sentimental over giving up my 12-year-old dream job is hindering me from being what I can be NOW.
So...what CAN I be now?
(Find your letters at http://www.humanmetrics.com/cgi-win/jtypes2.asp)

No comments:
Post a Comment