The best part was just before I got home, I drove through a residential area where I saw a couple standing on their porch in the rain gawking up at the sky. I wished I could take a picture and label it, "Typical Storm Activity in Oklahoma." Then I got home and learned that Luke and 3 of the neighbors had been standing outside our apartment building doing exactly the same thing. Love it that storms don't even phase us Oklahomans!
3.23.2009
This Never Happened Before?!?
Tonight was the first time I've ever driven in hail. I can't believe I've never driven hail before! It sounded like poor Susie was going to be a dented mess when I got home, and I didn't even know what protocol says for hail--should you stop and wait it out because maybe when you're driving, it hits harder because of the movement? I decided Susie was going to be sitting out when I got home anyway, and I'd rather be at home than in a parking lot, so I kept driving. Anyway, long story short, no hail damage. Shocker :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment